County LogoClallam County, Washington

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the County provide HIV Testing?

Yes, we offer anonymous and confidential HIV testing and counseling at Department of Health and Human Services for people most at risk of HIV infection. HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. The following behaviors increase a person's risk for getting HIV:

  • Sharing needles and/or drug works
  • If male, having sex with other men
  • Exchanging sex for money or drugs
  • Having sex, whether you are male or female, with someone who has done any of the above
  • Having sex with 6 or more different people in the past year.

For more information about the test, call 565-2612 or visit our HIV web page. If you are calling from the west end (Forks, Clallam Bay, etc.), dial 374-5324 and ask for extension 2612.

When and where can I get shots against Hepatitis A & B, tetanus, measles, mumps, rubella, and other diseases?

Immunizations are available at Clallam County Health and Human Services. See immunization clinic hours.

Where can I get emergency medical help if I don't have health insurance?

The Olympic Community Action Programs can help you get medical care. You can reach them at 452-4726.

How do I get my Birth Certificate?

For the latest information on getting a birth certificate, visit or Birth & Death Records web page or call our Public Health office at 417-2274.

How do I get a Food Worker's Card?

Food Worker Cards are available online via the Washington State Department of Health. They can be printed or replaced at the Clallam County Courthouse, Environment Health Services, first floor. For more information, call 417-2258.

How do I get drinking water tested?

The current Water Testing drop off schedule is available online. For more information you may call Clallam County Environmental Health Services at 417-2258 for Port Angeles and the east end of the county. In Forks and the west end of the county, call Clallam County Environmental Health Services at 374-3121.

How do I become certified to inspect my own septic system?

Septics 101 and Septics 201 classes are available online or call Clallam County Environmental Health Services at 417-2258. Local Onsite Professionals' contact information is also available online.

What can I do about garbage, sewage, animals, etc.?

Solid Waste

City Landfill: 417-4875
Clallam County Environmental Health Solid Waste: 417-2258

Hazardous Waste

Clallam County Environmental Health Hazardous Waste: 417-2258

Onsite Septic Systems

Clallam County Environmental Health Onsite Program: 417-2258


Port Angeles and Sequim areas, Police Department Communications: 417-2259
Forks and the West End: 374-2223
Clallam County Humane Society: 457-8206


Clallam County Health & Human Services
· Contact Us