In 2009, the first part of Clallam County's new, redesigned website came to life, presenting several new special features and online services. Over time, more of the county's web pages will be converted to the new design. More new features and services are coming soon, and we will strive to keep the site current and useful for the people of Clallam County.
Clallam County is committed to ensuring equal access to all its programs and services, including its web site. In an effort to ensure equal access, Clallam County will strive to ensure information featured on its web site is accessible to all individuals. While not every need can be anticipated nor every barrier avoided, there are some key issues we've tried to address to maximimize accessibility of our site:
- Simple, consistent page layout and standard navigation throughout the site to assist people who may have difficulty following less organized presentations.
- White page backgrounds to provide contrast for users with low vision or colorblindness.
- Use the ALT attribute to describe the function of each visual. ALT tags make alternative text information available for graphical features.
- For hyperlinks, use text that makes sense when read out of context.
- Menu alternatives for people who find the drop-down menus difficult to navigate.
- Smart use of tables and style sheets, ensuring correct formatting.
- XHTML, CSS and other coding up to current standards to help ensure pages can be viewed correctly by most browsers.
- Limited use of applets and plug-ins.
Supports 1024x768 Resolution
- Over 95% of displays (monitors) have a resolution of 1024x768 or higher. Therefore, Clallam County's website supports a resolution of 1024x768 or above. Lower resolution displays may also be used, with some horizontal scrolling.
Font Size Settings
- We strive to use fonts no smaller than 11px to ensure readability on the redesigned pages. In addition, we support Zoom mode and Internet Explorer's Larger text size to view our pages with larger fonts.
Clallam County Information Technology does not support viewing of the website by other browsers or by a browser with non-standard settings. If you have trouble viewing some of the pages, make sure your browser is not set to ignore page styles and font settings. To report dead links or technical issues with the website, please
See also: Troubleshooting access to Jail Roster, Parcel Search and other online services
PDF Files - We distribute information in Portable Document Format (PDF). Read more...