County LogoClallam County, Washington


Welcome to the Clallam County Treasurer's Office

Teresa Marchi, Treasurer



Our phone lines are open from 8:00am-4:30pm Daily (360) 417-2344

Our office lobby is open 9:00am-3:00pm Daily TO RECEIVE TAX PAYMENTS


Tax Payments - Payments are being accepted in office between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm daily. We accept cash, credit, debit, certified check, money order and personal check.

Please call our office at (360) 417-2344 if you have any question about the amount due on your property taxes, we will provide you an accurate balance for the month.

You can also send any questions to our designated email:

REET - Please call our office at (360) 417-2344 to review your documents, you will then be able to make an appointment with staff to complete your transaction. Please plan ahead or you will be turned away.

You can also send any questions to our designated REET email:


The Clallam County Treasurer holds a key position of public trust in the financial affairs of local government. Acting as the "bank" for the county, school districts, fire districts, and other units of local government, the treasurer's office receipts, disburses, invests and accounts for the funds of each of these entities. Additionally, the treasurer is charged with the collection of various taxes that benefit a wide range of governmental units.

Quickly find the following information:

Treasurer's Annual Tax & Timber Report

Click courthouse photo to view latest tax and timber report

Contact us:

Clallam County Treasurer

223 East 4th Street, Suite 3
Port Angeles, WA 98362


Phone: 1-866-417-0328

Phone: (360) 417-2344

Fax: (360) 417-2252



Property Tax Statements FAQ:


When are the tax statements mailed?

Tax statements are mailed annually, generally during the second half of February. Tax statements are sent to the last known address on file.  Please remember to keep your address current with our office. If you do not receive your statement by March 1, please contact our office to make sure we have your correct mailing address. 

If the ownership of a property has changed after the original statements have been mailed, an additional statment will be mailed to the new Grantee. If you have not received a statement within thirty days of purchase, please contact us.

Failure to receive a tax statement does not waive your responsibility to pay your property taxes when due.

Information about your Property Tax Statement:

Under state law, any tax or assessment under $50 is due in full on April 30th; otherwise, they may be paid in half installments with the first half due no later than April 30th and the second half due no later than October 31st. If April 30 or October 31 falls on a weekend or state holiday, taxes are due on the next business day, either in person or postmark accepted. If using the postal service, please make sure to deposit your envelope before the mail box is emptied. Some mail boxes are emptied quite early in the afternoon and tax payments deposited in a mail box that has already been emptied for the day will be post-marked the next business day.

Can I make a partial payment?

Under state law, any tax or assessment under $50 is due in full on April 30th; otherwise, they may be paid in half installments with the first half due no later than April 30th and the second half due no later than October 31st.

ANY AMOUNT PAID INCORRECTLY WILL BE APPLIED AS A PARTIAL PAYMENT. It is the taxpayer's responsibility to know what you owe. If you choose to pay an amount other than what is showing on you current year tax statement, we will apply the amount you paid to the next due amount. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS OR NOTICES REGARDING UNPAID BALANCES. If the taxpayer does not pay the remaining balance, they will receive a delinquent notice in May and/or November.

To minimize paying an amount in error, please verify the amount due on this webpage (property search) or

Please call 360-417-2344

I paid too much. Can I get a refund?

We will issue a refund for any amount over $10. Refunds will be issued a minimum of 15 days after the original payment has been posted and has cleared the banking process. Refunds are issued twice montly on or about the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month.

Imposition of interest, and penalties (pursuant to RCW 84.56.020).  

  • First half taxes must be paid or postmarked by April 30th. Delinquent interest starts May 1st at 1% per month based on the full year tax due.
  • Second half taxes must be paid or postmarked by Oct. 31st.  Delinquent interest starts November 1st at 1% per month based on the balance due.
  • In addition to interest, penalties are assessed on June 1st at 3% and on December 1st at 8%, both on delinquent current year taxes.
  • For clarification, contact the Treasurer’s Office at 360-417-2344 or 1-866-417-0328.

Paying your property taxes. 

You can use the convenience envelopes included in your property tax bill or pay at the Clallam County Treasurer’s Office, Suite 3, 223 E. 4th St., Port Angeles. For other payment options, see Pay your Property Taxes.

Courthouse closures. 

The courthouse is closed on all federal holidays as well as the day after Thanksgiving. For more information, please check out Courthouse Hours.

Tax payment information.  

To find out how much was paid in property taxes on a particular property (for federal tax purposes), or how much is owed in property taxes, interest, and penalty, go to our Property Search page and use one of the search type options to find your property. Then click the "View Details" link at the far right of your property. You will find both this year's taxes and last year's taxes under "Taxes and Assessment Details." If you want a receipt, please send us a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a note indicating for which year you want to receive a receipt.

If I have delinquent taxes, when will the County begin foreclosure?

Real property foreclosure occurs when taxes are three years delinquent.  Personal property becomes delinquent if the first half tax is not paid by April 30th. 

I just purchased this property, and the tax statement you sent me shows delinquent taxes owing, am I responsible for paying those?

Taxes follow the property, not the taxpayer.  The county does not foreclose on people, only parcels.  It is your responsibility to ascertain the condition of taxes prior to purchase.

Contact Us
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday, with exceptions (see Courthouse Hours and Legal Holidays).